For plastic or aluminum exterior device surfaces and insulated cables…
- If possible, do not clean equipment during electrophysiology recording. Power off devices before cleaning.
- If you must clean during recording, first assess to make sure any cleaning operation will not interfere electrical contacts.
- Make sure you can access any surfaces to be cleaned without applying pressure to switches or in-use electrical connections.
- Clean plastic, aluminum, and rubberized surfaces with disinfectant wipes.
- When using disinfectant wipes near electrical connections or circuit boards, take special care to prevent disinfectant liquid from dripping or seeping into electrical connections or circuit boards.
For electrical contacts...
- Ensure that the device is not currently in use. Then, power off and unplug the device.
- Apply DeoxIT® Gold G-Series Contact Enhancer to contact/connector surface using a lint-free swab or cloth.
- Repeatedly connect / disconnect the device to help distribute the DeoxIT® Gold and break up minor amounts of oxides and contamination.
- Wait a few seconds, then reapply DeoxIT® Gold G-Series Contact Enhancer to the contact/connector surface using a lint-free swab or cloth.
- For extended protection, apply DeoxIT® Shield S-Series using this procedure:
a. Apply DeoxIT® Shield S-Series Contact Protector to the contact/connector metal surfaces using a lint-free swab or cloth.
b. Repeatedly connect / disconnect the device to help distribute the DeoxIT® Shield.
c. Wait a few seconds, then reapply DeoxIT® Shield to the contact surface using a lint-free swab or cloth.
- Finally, ensure the contact surface has completely evaporated before using the device.
NOTE: If you notice a green or black coloration on the surface a few days after applying DeoxIT® Gold G-Series Contact Enhancer, this is dissolved oxidation indicating the surface was severely oxidized. Repeat steps above until no green or black coloration is seen on the electrical contacts.