Under normal use, the acquisition PC rarely needs updates to system components. However, Windows Updates can cause compatibility issues between the OS and installed hardware. Neuralynx recommends you periodically check for driver updates on the graphics card.
- Right click the Windows logo on the task bar and select Device Manager
- Locate the Display adapters and expand to show the installed graphics card
- Right click the installed graphics card and select Update driver
- Select Search automatically for updated driver software
- If a new driver is available, Windows will update it accordingly
If using the current GigE Basler video tracking equipment, do not update the driver to the associated network card. Additionally, DIO cards do not require driver updates as this will disable compatibility with the acquisition software.
Article is closed for comments.